Wednesday, January 12, 2011

To begin...What i take my pictures with.



So it occured to me that my blog should follow some logical order...And considering my camera will be taking photos of my things its only fair that my first review be of the camera itself.

It's an Olympus Fe402.I liked it because it was 14mp and thats about it. Aside from that i had no real draw towards it.

In retrospect i should have considered its video recording (which is pathetic).

But it suits me fine for the use i give it. The super macro setting has proven to be scary...i find myself not trusting my eyes anymore...

Pros :

1) Great resolution shots
2) Great battery life
3) Amazing detail
4) Good size
5) user friendly controls

cons :

1) Horrible video recording
2) poor autofocus
3) face detection is poor
4) Design is horrible

It also has the standard effects that you would expect with any camera but sadly lacks an easy to use panoramic photo setting (which Panasonic has mastered). The IB photo editing software that Olympus provides looks good but proved to be negative when its quality boosting software left my pictures looking unrealistic and even...gulp..Overexposed.

BUT - The price is unbeatable. Ranging at $150 Australian ($150 American) its a great buy.

(note : If you use it as a Camera,its incredible. Video camera? NO)

5 comments:

  1. Was thinking about getting this but not anymore. I am following. Check out randomnewsreports.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, I'd love to get a nice lil' digital camera like that... Right now I just have to use my iPhone when i need to capture a moment xD

    [here's my blog if anyone's interested - new updates daily :D http://lifeofbaron.bogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey buddy. Neat phone, might get one soooon. Check out http://cmipigeon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a research work on this one. And I agree with you :)

    ReplyDelete