Thursday, January 13, 2011

Logitech ( Made my way)



This next review is of my Logitech X-530 speaker system. Right out of the box it was a great looking system that sounded great BUT......

The tang-band woofer on the side produced insane amounts of port noise and forced me to keep its bass setting on half volume. I had considered solutions to this problem but the best i could see was to reposition the tang band woofer and place it on the front. The original mounting hole was filled with a 5 inch Aiwa woofer and suddenly all port noise was gone!

I loved the finished product so much that i decided it would look better if it wasn't so black. The end product is what you see in the picture.

Pros:
1) Strong bass with no port noise!
2) Uniform sound field from all 10 drivers.
3) Can be loud without distortion.
4) Looks better than stock

cons:

1) Had to be modified to fix port noise
2) had to be modified to be less ugly
3) Bass control nob is on woofer (would have been better next to the volume nob)
4) Unstable centre of gravity when wall mounted (satellite speakers tip over)

If you're interested Logitech has released the Z506. It is much like the X-530 but has smaller drivers in its satellites. It retails at $150 Australian.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a pretty good speaker system there, but I think just about anything is better than the crappy $30 speakers I have set up, haha. Looking forward to the next review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol im not really too into speakers, i'll probably just get cheap shniz once i need it xP



    http://lifeofbaron.blogspot.com here's my blog in case anyone's interested - just random posts about things I find interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2016 and im impressed!

    ReplyDelete